About Central Amherst Travel Teams
In addition to offering an outstanding house league experience for its players, Central Amherst Little League sponsors travel teams at the 8U level and up. Please note that these are competitive teams with limited rosters and not every player who tries out will be selected for a team. In addition, playing time and positioning of players on the travel teams is at the sole discretion of the coaches. Players will be selected based upon their play during the most recent season, the tryout, and the player’s ability to be a good teammate.
Players are encouraged to try out at the youngest age level they are eligible to play at.
There is an extra cost to participate on Central Amherst Travel Teams.
There are two distinct travel team opportunities:
1. Travel teams participate in "Sunday Leagues" beginning as early as mid-April against other travel teams, then play in various summer tournaments in July and August. Costs and number of games played vary by age level.
In adherence to summer tournament rules...
Birthdate Cutoff: April 30
Age Grouping: 1-year age groups
2. Williamsport Qualifier Tournament "All Star" teams (which require a separate tryout, as mandated by Little League) participate in the Little League District Tournament that leads to Sectional/State Tournaments at younger age levels and Sectional/State/Regional/International Tournaments at the 12-year-old level. The International Tournament for 12-year-olds is held in Williamsport, PA.
In adherence to Little League rules...
Birthdate Cutoff: August 31 (April 30 for those born in 2005 or earlier)
Age Grouping: 3-year age groups (ages 8-10, ages 9-11, ages 10-12)
2019 Age Chart for Williamsport Teams
8-10 Division: Children born between 9/1/08 and 8/31/11
9-11 Division: Children born between 9/1/07 and 8/31/10
10-12 Division: Children born between 9/1/06 and 8/31/09
*Please note that because of the different age groupings, the rosters for our Travel Teams and Williamsport "All Star" Teams may be different. Selection for one team does not guarantee selection for both teams.
Each year, Central Amherst Little League enters teams in three different age divisions in the Williamsport District Tournament sponsored by Little League Baseball. A separate tryout is required by Little League for participation on these teams.
Below are the dates and information about the tryouts.
Players must reside or attend school within Central Amherst Little League boundaries to be eligible for these teams.
Please note that these are competitive teams and not every player who tries out will be chosen. Players will be selected based upon their play this season, the tryout, and the player’s ability to be a good teammate. Playing time is at the sole discretion of the coaches. There is no additional cost to play on these teams.
If your child would like to try out, but cannot make the tryout date, please contact the coach for your child’s age level prior to the tryout date to make alternate tryout arrangements.
*Although birthdate ranges overlap between levels, players should try out for the youngest team that they are eligible for. (For example, a 10-year-old may be eligible for both the 8-10 team and 9-11 team, but should try out for the 8-10 team.)
8-10 year old team
• Tryout Date 1: Thursday, May 30, 7:15 pm at Amherst Middle School baseball field (Saratoga Rd).
• Tryout Date 2: Sunday, June 2, 6:00 pm at CALL AAA field.
(Please attend one tryout only, not both.)
• Players must be born between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2011.
• District game dates from 6/22 through 7/6.
• Contact coach
9-11 year old team
• Tryout: Saturday, June 1, 5:00 pm at CALL Majors field.
• Players must be born between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2010.
• District game dates from 6/22 through 7/7.
• Contact coach
10-12 year old team
• Tryout: Sunday, June 2, 5:30 pm at CALL Majors field.
• Players must be born between May 1, 2006 and August 31, 2009.
• District game dates from 6/22 through 7/10.
• Contact coach
2019 TRAVEL TEAM CONTACT INFO
14U Team (Kids born between 5/1/04 and 4/30/05)
13U Team (Kids born between 5/1/05 and 4/30/06)
12U Team (Kids born between 5/1/06 and 4/30/07)
11U Team (Kids born between 5/1/07 and 4/30/08)
10U Team (Kids born between 5/1/08 and 4/30/09)
9U Team (Kids born between 5/1/09 and 4/30/10)
8U Team (Kids born between 5/1/10 and 4/30/11)
• These travel teams will participate in spring travel league games and summer tournaments as well as offseason workouts.
• A second team may be added at an age level if sufficient interest/assistance exists.
• These are open tryouts for players and families who want to be part of a program that stresses teamwork, family, sportsmanship, and fundamentals. Please bring your gear (mitt, cleats, etc.) and a positive attitude to the tryout.
• These are competitive teams with limited rosters and not every player who tries out will be selected for a team. Players will be selected by the coaches based upon their play during the most recent season, the tryout, and the player’s ability to be a good teammate.
• Playing time and positions for these travel teams are at the sole discretion of the coaches.
• 2019 travel players (8U-12U) must be registered for and play in Central Amherst's 2019 house league.
• There is an additional cost beyond house league fees to participate on travel teams.
• Players should attend only one tryout date. If your child would like to try out for the team, but cannot make either of the dates listed above, please contact the appropriate coach in order to make other arrangements.
REGARDING WILLIAMSPORT "ALL STAR" TEAMS:
• Central Amherst's travel teams are separate and distinct from our Williamsport "All Star" teams. Tryouts for the Williamsport "All Star" teams are held prior to the Little League District Tournament in June. Selection to the travel team does not guarantee selection to the Williamsport "All Star" team and vice versa. Williamsport "All Star" team schedules take priority over travel team schedules. If our Williamsport "All Star" teams advance, please be aware that travel team scheduling may be affected. In addition, please note that our travel teams comply with the standard April 30 birthdate cutoff, while Williamsport "All Star" teams comply with the birthdate cutoffs and age ranges established by Little League (April 30 cutoff for those born in 2005 and earlier; August 31 cutoff for those born in 2006 or later).
CLICK HERE FOR LITTLE LEAGUE TOURNAMENT AGE INFORMATION